The hydrogeologist hired by the Town of Sherborn, James Vernon, PhD of Nobis Engineering, has completed his report for phase 1 and 2. A preliminary report was presented at the Board of Health’s (BOH) February 11th hearing and may be found by clicking here (February Presentation).
Dr. Vernon initially began work for the Town of Sherborn following a contract signed on November 4, 2015, using data submitted by the applicant’s engineer, Creative Land and Water Engineering, LLC (CLAWE). The applicant (Trask, Inc. and Fields at Sherborn LLC) did not permit access to Dr. Vernon for independent data collection. Work was suspended while awaiting new site plans promised as forthcoming by the applicant at the November 23rd Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) hearing held to discuss the Conservation Commission’s (ConCom) denial of the wetlands Notice of Intent (NOI) for the Fields at Sherborn.
Work resumed following the submittal of new site plans for the Fields at Sherborn (TFS) on December 11, 2015 and a new analyses needed following revised data submitted by the applicant several times in December, January and February. Between December and late February several meetings were held between the Town of Sherborn’s health agent, Mark Oram, and the peer review hydrologist, Steve Smith and applicant engineer Deshang Wang to determine correct data points. As late as Monday, February 29th the BOH continued to question accuracy of several data points used to create CLAWE’s groundwater contour map and it was agreed the BOH agent, Mark Oram and Deshang Wang would visit the Fields at Sherborn site at 4:15 pm on Tuesday, March 1 in order to read and witness all test pit data points for groundwater monitoring. Following receipt of new readings on Wednesday, March 2nd Dr. Vernon completed work on his report to the Town of Sherborn submitted on Friday, March 4th.
Dr. Jim Vernon will present his findings at the final ZBA hearing on Monday, March 7th at Town Hall at 7 pm. You may view his submitted report and attached documents by clicking links below:
- 03.04.16 – Nobis Engineering, Inc. Phase 1 and Phase 2 Report, Independant Hydrogeologic Study, The Fields at Sherborn (27 pages)
- Table 1. Table 1 Well Information Table
- Table 2. Table 2 Water Budget
- Table 3. Table 3 Nitrate Loading and Mass Balance Results
- Figure 1. Location Map and Recharge Analysis
- Figure 2. Property Map
- Figure 3. Wells within One Half Mile of Site
- Figure 4. Groundwater Elevation and Flow Map
- Figure 5. Photolineament Map and Outcrops
- Attachment A. CLAWE December 2015 Plan with AOI
- Attachment B. Background Maps
- Attachment C. Well Information
- Attachment D (D1 – D4). Groundwater Contour Working Maps part 1
- Attachment D (D5). Groundwater Contour Working Maps – 1.26 revised septic AOI
- Attachment D (D6 – D9). Groundwater Contour Working Maps part 3
- Attachment E. Air Photos
- Attachment F. Bedrock Outcrop Fracture Information
- Attachment G. Nitrate Loading and Mass Balance Calculations
- Attachment H. Nitrate Dispersion Analysis Method and Results
Share this Post