James Vernon, Ph.D., Town-Sponsored Independent Hydrogeologist, Nobis Engineering
- Present information does not justify a conclusion of “No Impact.”
- Impacted groundwater from the SDS flows south, but detailed fate unknown.
- High nitrate at “Impacted Wetland” very likely.
- High nitrate in overburden at Well J at least 50% likely.
- High nitrate in bedrock at neighbor’s wells a real possibility.
- Key analyses depend on groundwater contour map.
- Recommend additional groundwater level monitoring points and revised contouring, by hand, where data allows.
Preliminary Findings – Presented to the Board of Health, Thursday, February 11, 2016
CLICK HERE to open PDF of handout from the meeting
For more information about Bedrock Fractures – Click here for information from the EPA
Share this Post